Water Quality Lab
THE LAB HAS MOVED TO A NEW LOCATION!!
The Water Quality Lab has moved to the Don Tyson Center for Agricultural Sciences at 1371 W Altheimer Drive in Fayetteville, room 133. It's just a stones throw away from the old location. It's still off of Garland Avenue (or Highway 112). Here's a link to the new location on Google Maps
Test Your Water
You probably know that everything needs water to grow and thrive. But, did you know that what's in the water is just as important?
We can test your water for you.
We also offer "packages" that include all the important parameters for different uses, such as for irrigation, watering livestock, and more.
How to collect and submit your water sample:
Click to view video on how to collect a pond water sample.
Click to view video on how to collect a stream water sample.
Click to view fact sheet on how to collect a sample from various water sources, such as ponds, streams, wells, and the tap.
- Download and fill out the Water Sample Submission Form (AGRI-422).
Or for bacteria analysis, use this form.
- Collect your water sample and label the bottle
- What type of bottle should you use?
- The preferred sample collection bottle is a 500 mL bottle that you can pick up at the AWRC WQL or from your local county extension office
- If you cannot access a preferred bottle, you can buy a 20 ounce or 1 liter bottle of water from the store
- Note that for bacteria, you must request a sterile sample container from the AWRC WQL.
- What's the right way to fill the bottle with water?
- Remove the lid and dump out water if you purchased a bottle from the store
- Fill bottle half way with sample water, cap the bottle, and swirl around.
- Dump this water out, away from where you’re collecting it
- Do this two more times for a total of 3 times (this is called a “triple rinse”)
- Fill bottle entirely with sample water but leave 1 inch of air space at the top
- Cap the bottle tightly
- What should I do to label my bottle?
- In permanent marker, either directly on the bottle or on a piece of tape stuck to the bottle, write the name of your sample, your name, and the date collected
- Deliver or ship your sample to the AWRC WQL as soon as possible after collection (for best results, you can overnight your sample)
- Include the completed “SUBMIT YOUR WATER SAMPLE” form
- Include a check for payment, or wait to be invoiced if you choose to pay by credit card (see “Total” shown on the “SUBMIT YOUR WATER SAMPLE” form)
- When we receive your sample, we will begin processing and analyzing
- You will typically receive results within 2 business weeks
- You can view the fact sheet that matches the analyses you chose to compare your results with what's considered "good" water quality.
Don Tyson Center for Agricultural Sciences
1371 W Altheimer Drive Room 133
Fayetteville, AR 72704
View the location of the lab in Google Maps.
Documents and Forms: