USDA Agriculture and Food Research Initiative
April 5, 2017
The U.S. Department of Agriculture through the Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI) is soliciting proposals for their “Water for Food Production Systems Challenge Area”.
The goal of the AFRI program is to sustainably increase agricultural productivity while reducing the amount of water used, and preserving water quality.
Just about anyone can apply for grant. Projects will include those focused on research, education, and or extension. Applicants can be faculty researchers at colleges and universities, non-profit organizations, businesses, individuals, and many others.
The deadline to submit a proposal is August 2, 2017. Visit the AFRI-Water for Food Production Systems Challenge Area for more information and to view the Request for Applications.
Southern SARE Grants
April 5, 2017
The Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program offers several different grant opportunities.
They offer grants to researchers, educators, producers, graduate students, and communities.
- Research and Eduction Grant, deadline is June 2, 2017.
- Graduate Student Grant, deadline is May 5, 2017.
- Professional Development Grant, deadline is June 2, 2017.
- Producer Grant, the call for proposals will be released in September 2017.
- On-Farm Research Grant, the call for proposals will be released in September 2017.
Visit their website at southernsare.org/Grants/Types-of-Grants for more information!